The National Ground Water Association (NGWA) recommends well owners test their water at least annually for bacteria, nitrates, and any contaminates of local concern. More frequent testing should be considered if:
* There is a change in the taste, odor, appearance of the well water, or if a problem occurs such as a broken well cap, inundation by flood waters, or a new contamination source.
* The well has a history of bacterial contamination.
* Family members or house guests have recurrent incidents of gastrointestinal illness.
* An infant is living in the home.
* To monitor the efficiency and performance of home water treatment equipment.
Our inspection company will take a water sample from the sampling faucet, or the faucet nearest to where the main water line enters the home. The water sample is then sent to a certified lab for testing, and within a week’s time the results are sent back to the home owner.